18 March, 2015

Spring-Easter

It's time for a new challenge at scrapping4fun, one that says "Spring-Easter". So, your task for the next two weeks is to create anything inspired by either of it and play along ;)
I've been asked again to be guest designer (thanks, ladies!), and here's a simple Easter card I prepared:
I guess I won't be making many of them this year due to lack of time, but I just had to try this cute bunny I got from scribblesdesign last month at the Path of Positivity challenge. Isn't it a funny guy, popping right out of the coloured Easter egg? :)
I coloured the image with coloured pencils and combined it with some bright background papers: a grassy one with flowers and butterflies, and a pastel one with a tiny floral pattern.
For the arrangement, I used the sketch from cheerfulsketches, which means I used a strip of green paper that I decorated with a rainbow of punched flowers with pearls. 
In the end, I added a sentiment saying "Happy Easter" on a punched orange oval, which might resemble an Easter egg.

Another quick paper-project I finished lately: for some floral touch in my apartment, I turned a glass of baby food into a little vase for the snowdrops from castle hill. After removing the original label with warm water and detergent, I wrapped the glass with a stripe of the yellow paper. On the top of it, I glued a punched border and covered it with a yellow ribbon. However, I found it a bit inconvenient to flex cardboard around the glass - you'll have a lot less trouble by using regularly thin paper when recycling your baby food glasses. 

challenges:
- cheerfulsketcheschallenge
- creative card crew: Easter critters
- crafty sentiments: spring colours
- papertake weekly: happy... anything
- fairytale challengeblog: flower power
- allsorts challenge: flowers & pearls

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

    Greetz,
    Marjoleine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Cheiro, lovely fresh Spring colours and perfect for our flowers and pearls theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card for Easter. I like the little bunny, so adorable. :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Easter card! Just gorgeous!

    Hugs karin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet spring card you made, it's so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog.

    Greetz,
    Marieke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Congratulations on your GDT spot. :-D
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! What an adorable image and I love the beautiful bright colours.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,
    Thank you for your lovely GD Creation
    Hugs
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Easter card! Love the image and colors, very bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely easter card. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have made such a lovely project. This is really so pritty and I love the flowers too. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge.
    XX Bianca

    PS.: Today our new challenge started and we have a lovely little blog hop too. We would be happy if you like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! Thanks for using the sketch of Cheerful Sketches!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card :)
    Thabk you so much for joining us at Cheerful sketches and hope to see you again :)
    Greetings Geesje (DT)

    ReplyDelete