12 January, 2015

Happy birthday

Todays' card lies somewhere between lumbar punction and the thalamus.
I stitched the ornament in silver and red shimmering yarn, and added some 3D roses to complete it. Also, I used some pearls and rhinestones.
Thanks God I stitched the main motif a while ago, so I only needed to put the card together now. To make the card a bit different, I decided to make an easel card with matching pearls on the base of the card.
Combining papers and cutting takes time, too, but it's certainly better than making the whole card when I actually should be learning for my exam :) So, I managed to finish the card without major learning delays (well,almost) and can send it off to a very special lady this week.
You may notice that I've sent flowers about the same time last year already and the simple reason is: some people deserve to be covered with flowers every day.
Mrs. B sure is one of those special people. I got to know her as a wonderful, modest, hardworking mother and grandmother who welcomed me to the family with open arms from the very first day. In return, I decided to "adopt" her as my second mom.
I could easily go with her as mother in law, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. However, after so many second chances and broken promises I think I can say it was neither her nor my fault - and no reason to reconsider the adoption ;)
Birthday wishes will be written on a seperate tag, once I figure out how to put all the birthday wishes into words.

challenges:
- allwayssomethingcreative: something new (3D roses)
- craft-alnica: new beginning (birthday - new year of life)
- crafty calendar: what's new (3D roses)
- cutecardthursday: what's new (3D roses)
- fussy and fancy: swirls & pearls
- jellyparkchallenges: bling it up
- ladybug crafts: say it with flowers
- papertakeweekly: ATG
- pennyspapercraft: ATG
- thatcraftplace: monochromatic
- ABC challenge: A for ATG
- tuesday throwdown: favourite embellishment (stitching, pearls)
- craftsandmeinspiration: Valentine
- path of positivity: uniqueness (unique recipient)
- inspiration destination: ATG
- scrapping4fun: happy birthday

You may wonder why I don't link-up to the fadengrafik-challenge. Not that I forgot, but the challenge ladies have invited me to join their DT :) YAY! Meaning, my contribution to the challenges will be from now on found a few lines above from where it was until now ;)
Let me tell you that the themes of 2015 are fantastic, so if you do pickpoint, or ever wanted to try, there's still time to enter the January challenge: ATG ;)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love all that stitching. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great stichting.
    Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great stitching. "Fadengrafik" so much work!
    Thank you for your entrie by Scrapping4Fun Challenges.
    Hugs Sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, stunning card thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends for our bling it up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zelo je lepa in krasno izdelana. Lp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful it must have taken ages. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a detailed card, beautiful...not sure it fits a monochromatic theme with the two distinct colours but still a gorgeous make that I enjoyed looking at xx
    Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krasno vezenje in vrtnica. Hvala, da si se nama pridružila v prvem letošnjem izzivu Craft-alnice. Pozdravček Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Čudovita je :-))
    Hvala, ker se igraš z nama v prvem letošnjem izzivu CRAFT-alnice ... Srečno!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you'll be my colleague there at Fadengrafik ..... super!!
    bye,
    Ine
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Čudovito sestavljena in šivana. Všeč so mi nežne vrtnice!
    Uživaj v vikendu, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow stunning card, love all the detail.
    I want to follow your blog but their is no followers
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog.
      I haven't displayed a followers badge (yet), but if you want you can follow me by adding my link manually to your reading list. I add all the blogs I follow that way, and it seems to work with my followers, too.
      You are welcome to join anytime ;)

      Hugs, Veronika

      Delete
  13. Wow this is a totally gorgeous card!!! I'm sure that the special lady will totally love it!!!

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Path of Positivity challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. I so appreciate someone who can sew, as I no longer have a machine. Thank you for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wauw what een beautiful card, I love it
    Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Veronika, deine Karte ist wirklich der Hammer. So super schön.

    LG Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deine Karte ist sooooo toll!
    Ich bin total begeistert.
    Deine Teamkollegin Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful.....love the stitching. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow the embroidery is just so amazing on this stunning easel design and I am sure your second Mom is going to treasure this. This is so perfect for our UNIQUENESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete